find the Root Cause
test don't guess
Lets get to the root of what is causing the symptoms in your body. I use very specific tests designed to find the functional underlying stress in your body.
All labs are mailed to the client to either do at home or with instruction on where to get blood drawn if needed. For more information about Lab tests I offer and how it works please make a free appointment with me. To review a lab you will need to make an appointment with me. Please schedule a free consult to go over how I work and costs.
Diagnostic Solutions H-Pylori Profile is a stool test that uses DNA/PCR technology that provides the ability to identify the bacteria regardless of their viability in the sample thus it is much more comprehensive test. Stool testing is the most accurate way to test for H. Pylori. (next to doing a stomach biopsy)
The H-Pylori Profile identifies if the H pylori is one of the more virulent strains (cagA or vacA) which has been associated with ulcers and gastric cancer.
Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory GI Microbial Assay Plus know as the "GI MAP" looks for the presence of pathogens - including H Pylori and other bacteria, parasites, and viruses - in the gastrointestinal tract. You pay directly to the lab $359. Some insurance companies will cover the test. In that case you pay $189 and include your insurance card. If the insurance pays you get refunded the$189 if not when you receive the bill call and request prompt pay and you will have to pay $359.
When you pay for this I order you a kit and let you know when the results are ready and you make an appointment with me to review the results.
MARKERS INCLUDED ON THIS TEST:
- Bacterial Pathogens (Campylobacter, C difficile Toxin A & B, E coli 0157, Salmonella, Shiga-like Toxins, Shigella, etc.)
- Parasitic Pathogens (Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia)
- Viral Pathogens (Adenovirus, Norovirus, Rotavirus)
- H pylori (H Pylori, cagA, vacA)
- Normal Bacterial Flora (Bifidobacter, Enterococcus, E. coli, Lactobacillus)
- Opportunistic Bacteria (Citrobacter, Klebsiella, Proteus, Yersinia, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus, etc)
- Parasites (Blastocystis hominis, Dientamoeba fragilis, Endolimax nana, Entamoeba coli, Chilomastix mesnelli, etc.)
- Fungi/Yeast (Candida albicans, Candida spp., Geotricum spp., Microsporidia spp., Trichosporon spp.)
- Additional Tests (SIgA, Anti-Gliadin, Elastase, Lactoferrin, Occult Blood)
- Antibiotic Resistance Genes
To detect pathogens, the lab uses PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) technology to detect the DNA of microorganisms.
The GI map will be mailed to your home. You then complete the stool test and mail it back to the lab. It may take three weeks for the results to be sent to me. As soon as I get them i will contact you to make an appointment on the phone and go over it with recommendations.
Functional Adrenal Stress Profile
Saliva Test - Includes Cortisol x 4, 2 averaged DHEA-S, estradiol, estriol, testosterone (AM), melatonin (bedtime), progesterone (bedtime)
This test evaluates the impact of chronic stress on endocrine function by measuring bioactive hormones. Not only does the test give you information on the endocrine system but is a spotlight into where major stress may be occurring in the body. Numerous health complaints can be resolved through balance of hormones and support of the endocrine system.
Includes Free Triiodothyronine, Free Thyroxine, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, Thyroid Peroxidase IgG, Thyroglobulin Ab IgG, T3 Reverse
(Excellent thyroid function and thyroid autoimmune [Hashimoto’s] test)
You may have had your thyroid tested numerous times in the past and been told that it was normal. We interpret the test from a functional point of view spotlighting information not seen on most tests. If you have insurance the cost of this panel is $55. Please send me a message to inquire.
Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth
Test evaluates whether there is bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine.
MARKERS INCLUDED ON THIS TEST:
- Hydrogen (Gas levels are measured in ppm at baseline and at 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, and 180 minutes after the consumption of the lactulose solution)
- Methane (Gas levels are measured in ppm at baseline and at 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, and 180 minutes after the consumption of the lactulose solution)
- Advantages of this test: This test uses a lactulose solution to detect SIBO. Lactulose is preferable to glucose because it can detect SIBO throughout the entire small intestine, whereas glucose only can detect SIBO in the very upper part of the small intestine. Glucose testing does not look for SIBO in the middle or lower small intestine - where the overgrowth is more likely to be.
Food Sensitivity Test
The Mediator Release Test (MRT) is the gold standard for the clinical management of food sensitivity related illness. It is an effective approach to food sensitivity, IBS, migraine, fibromyalgia and other food sensitivity related health problems.
I also have access to tests for the MTHFR gene mutation, Organic Acid Testing (OAT), Neurotransmitters and various other labs.
There are several other labs that I may recommend to investigate underlying stress including food allergies and gluten sensitivities, heavy metals, liver, thyroid, and pathogens. Please ask mefor prices and if there is a specific lab you are interested in.